The Jesuit private university in close proximity to Clitheroe is thrilled to unveil its best Intercontinental Baccalaureate (IB) outcomes in historical past. As a leading IB college, Stonyhurst School pupils are among some of the greatest scoring IB pupils in the environment.
Stonyhurst 2021 IB highlights involve:
· 100 for every cent Diploma Programme pass fee in comparison to a planet common of 85 per cent
· Our prime scorer accomplished 45 factors (out of a greatest of 45 points) placing them in the leading .5% of candidates worldwide and equivalent to 4 A* at A Amount
· 71 for each cent of pupils attained 36 or more points equal to 3As at A degree
· A third of pupils accomplished a lot more than 40 details, inserting them in the major 4 per cent of candidates throughout the world
· An ordinary point rating of 37.8, compared with the usual globally ordinary of 31.3
· 100 for each cent move price for IB Vocation Associated Programme pupils
· Pupils gain destinations at best universities across the globe
This year’s IB grades had been based on a mix of coursework and predictions. Having shown remarkable energy and resilience in the course of the world wide pandemic, Stonyhurst’s Intercontinental Baccalaureate (IB) pupils were being finally celebrating these days owning received results that spot them among some of the greatest scoring IB students in the world.
John Browne, Headmaster of Stonyhurst, said: ’The Global Baccalaureate Programme at Stonyhurst continues to prosper. The Jesuit notion of owning ‘one foot in the air’, prepared for the up coming obstacle, has probably never been far more relevant, and the way that our younger persons have energised by themselves throughout this hard 12 months has been inspirational. The global mother nature of some of the university destinations demonstrates the ambition of our Stonyhurst students. The IB philosophy promotes international-mindedness and a broad and difficult curriculum which has ready these fantastic youthful people so effectively for the up coming stage of their instructional journey’.
Courses contain: Architecture, Arts and Sciences, Biochemistry, Economics, Economics and Regulation, International Organization Administration and French, Legislation, Liberal Arts, Administration and Intercontinental Business, Management and Contemporary Languages, Philosophy, Physics, Politics and International Relations, Psychology and Languages.